(2022 to 2023 School Year)
Instruction in non-tackle flag football for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades. (2022 to 2023 school year)
Volunteer coaches will show youngsters an assortment of warm-ups, drills and plays needed to acquire basic football skills. T-shirts will be given to all players and coaches.
Teams will consist of 7 players on the field at one time with minimum playing rules. Children will be registered by the school they attend.
- Who: Grades 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th Boys and Girls (2022 through 2023 school year )
- Location: Emma Young Softball Diamond/Ericksen Community Center
- Dates: September 25th through October 30th, 2022
- Days: Sunday afternoons, some week nights and other days for practice as scheduled
- Times: Practices 1 1/2 hour dependent upon coaches availability
- Schedule: Week 1 and 2 2 to 3 Practices a Week
- Week 3 through 6 1 Practice 2 Games
- Registration: Now until August 25th, 2022
- Participation Fee: $44
- Reg. Deadline: August 25th, 2022
- Late Reg. Fee: $51 (Only if availability permits)
- Limit: 24 minimum; with 13 team maximum 7 + Players/team
- Coaches Meeting: September 1st, 5:30 pm. Ericksen Community Center
Youth Jr Tackle Football
(2022 to 2023 School Year)
New for 2022!
Refer a friend to sign up for 5th - 6th Grade Jr. Tackle Football and get 50% off your next sports program registration within the 2022 to 2023 School Year.
Tackle Football is offered for grades 5th and 6th. Participants are taught the fundamentals of blocking, running and passing. Games are played, on Monday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday evenings after 5 pm, at Emma Young Park behind the Ericksen Center and River Kings and Queens Complex. Equipment fitting consists of helmets, pants, pads and jerseys. Mouth guards will be provided.
To secure a spot on the team, pay and register by 5 pm on August 18th. After this date, registration may be unexpectedly shut down when teams are filled.
- Grades: Grades 5 and 6 (Based on 2022 to 2023 School Year )
- Registration Period: Now through August 18th (registration will be accepted through equipment fitting days if spots are available)
- Fee: $100
- Team Formation Based on: School attendance center in Camanche, DeWitt, Easton Valley, Fulton and Clinton.
- V.S.E. : (Visual Skills Evaluation) August 25th, 5:30 pm (Thursday) at The Ericksen Community Center for Clinton Schools Only which include (Bluff, Eagle Heights, Jefferson, Whittier, Clinton Middle School and Prince of Peace) Practices will be held at ECC. Players will only need to complete a VSE once while involved with the league. In the second year a player is automatically placed on a team as the previous year, unless a re-draft is requested.
- Equipment Fitting: Each team will have a certain time for equipment fitting.
- Late Registration and Equipment Fittings: (Only if availability permits)
- Late Fee: $110
- Practice: Practices can begin August 26th. Each player is required to practice 3 days before contact with pads.
- Game Dates: September 19th through October 27th
- Game Days: Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday not earlier than 5 and no later than 7:30 pm.
- Game Location: Kings and Queens Athletic Complex
- Coaches Meeting: August 25th at 6:30 pm following VSE
- Rain out Procedure: ECC Department. Staff will contact coaches who will then contact parents.