Dog and Cat Licensing
All dogs and cats over the age of four months are required to be licensed. Licenses must be transferred for a dog or cat to a new owner within 5 days of the transfer by notifying the Finance Department.
Animal Licensing Period
- Licenses are valid for the calendar year (January 1 to December 31st).
- Reapplication for a license can be made until March 1st of each year without assessment of a fee surcharge.
Applications are available at the Finance Department and the Clinton Human Society. No license shall be issued to a person under the age of 18. The application must be made within 30 days of obtaining the animal, or at age four months of the animal.
Items Needed for Application
- Current rabies certificate from a licensed veterinarian which contains the tag number and expiration date of the rabies vaccine, or an exemption letter from a veterinarian.
- Evidence the animal has or has not been sprayed or neutered.
- Evidence that the animal has or has not been microchipped.
- Name, color, sex and breed of dog or cat.
- Name, address, phone number and date of birth for the owner.
|License Type||Unaltered and No Microchip||Microchip Only||Altered Only||Altered and Microchip|
|Dog or Cat||$20||$15||$15||$10|
|Dangerous Dog or Cat||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|Service Animal||No fee||No fee||No fee||No fee|