View all facilities

Riverview Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13

Riverview Park is a 65-acre park overlooking the Mississippi River encompassing several features including a marina and restaurant, public boat ramps, Pickleball courts, sand volleyball courts, ball diamonds, Lubbers Fountain, swimming pool, picnic areas, playground, RV Park, bike path, Showboat theatre and baseball stadium.

Riverview Park

Riverview Park is Clinton’s premier park located downtown on the Mississippi River. The park hosts many active uses, including the public marina and boat launch, Candlelight Inn, Showboat Theatre, Riverview Stadium/Ashford University Field, Discovery Trail, RV Campground, Rotary Playground, and the Riverview Bandshell. The following descriptions generally illustrate the facilities from north to south within the park.

Clinton Marina and Boat Launch

The marina stretches along the river shoreline along almost the entire length of Riverview Park. Located north of the flood gates at Joyce’s Slough, “A” Dock consists of 43 older slips. The remainder of “B” Dock and “C” Dock with a mix of 94 covered and uncovered slips. “C” Dock includes transient slips as well as a 65’x35’ party deck. A fuel dock, parking lot improvements, security gates, and a 4-lane boat launch with boarding decks were also constructed at that time. 

The marina amenities building is located south of “C” Dock and includes showers and restrooms, laundry facilities, and a marina mart. The upper floor of the building is occupied by The Candlelight Inn, a full service restaurant. The City leases operation of both the marina and restaurant facilities. A marina maintenance service building is located at the far north end of the park, and offers repair services. Winter boat storage is provided in a fenced facility north of the boat launch.

RV Campground

The RV Campground 27 campsites, (2 ADA sites, camp host and 3 pull through’s reserved for 35’ and above) a pump out station, restroom addition, and new playground with poured-in-place safety surfacing. Each campsite includes a concrete pad, utility pedestal, picnic table and campfire ring with grill rack. 

Baseball Diamonds

Between the RV Campground and 6th Avenue are two baseball diamonds used by Clinton Junior Baseball. The fields include electric scoreboards, a batting cage, and a concession building with attached restroom. 

Riverview Stadium/Ashford University Field

Riverview Stadium is home to the Clinton LumberKings  Clinton Parks is responsible for maintaining the baseball stadium, which includes amenities such as a party deck, picnic pavilion, and a children’s playground and fun area. The asphalt parking lot located west of the stadium is in poor condition.

Lubbers Fountain

Lubbers Fountain was constructed in 1934 as a memorial to J. Albert Lubbers, a prominent local businessman and member of the American Legion, Rotary Club, and Chamber of Commerce. The fountain is surrounded by a brick paver walkway and open space. Other nearby amenities include a large sculptural art piece by Mac Hornecker titled “River’s Edge” (2008) and the Sisters of St. Francis Peace Pole.

Showboat Theatre

The Clinton Showboat Theatre features professional theater production on a restored paddle wheel boat. The boat was constructed in 1935, and was a working barge on the Ohio River. The City of Clinton purchased it in 1966 to provide a theater and focal point for Riverview Park. In 1988, the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre (C.A.S.T.) was created as a non-profit group to run productions. Summer season included five Main Stage Productions, with a Children’s Theater on Saturdays. The Parks Department is responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the Showboat facility.

Riverview Bandshell

The bandshell was originally constructed in 1985 and was renovated in 2014. The facility includes a stage, dressing room, and lighting. Several events are hosted during the summer months including Clinton Symphony Orchestra concerts, the 4th of July festival, Juneteenth, Finally Friday and Riverview Bacon and Brew Fest.

****FREEDOM ROCK*******




Riverview Pool

The Riverview Pool serves the community from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends  The original building was constructed in 1929 in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style, and the facility features lap, wading and diving pool, including 3 slides and 2 diving boards.   An adjacent splash pad area is located near a separate concession and restroom building.

Rotary Playground, Skate Park, and Tennis Courts

The south end of Riverview Park is anchored with an active play area. Rotary Playground is an inclusive play facility designed to accommodate children of all abilities, funded entirely by the Clinton Rotary Club. The equipment includes a large structure, slide, zipline, toddler swings, two climbers, picnic shelter, and a modern restroom facility. The playground is in excellent condition with the exception of one wear spot in the safety surfacing at a climber, which needs repair. Just north of Rotary Playground are six tennis courts and a skatepark, as well as a picnic area with a small shelter. Multiple parking lots located south of the play area are in good condition. 

Veterans Memorial

Located at the far southern end of Riverview Park, the Veterans Memorial sits on axis with the end of 5th Avenue South, providing a link between downtown and the riverfront. The memorial includes three flagpoles, with the base of the U.S. flag on a bronze sculpture featuring four soldiers. Two granite stones honoring Clinton County’s fallen soldiers of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam are placed on either side of the center flag in the plaza area.

Discovery Trail

A long segment of the Discovery Trail runs through Riverview Park along the top of the levee at the river. A trailhead is featured where the trail turns east to cross over the floodgates onto Joyce Island, and includes a kiosk, drinking fountain with dog bowl, identification plaques, tables, and benches. Tables and benches are also located at regular intervals along the trail for the entire riverfront. Three lighthouse structures constructed in 1935 by the WPA provide focal points that add to the character of the river shoreline, and a pier extends off the trail to provide access to the water. 


  1. Riverview Pool

    View Subfacility