Home Base Iowa
The City of Clinton became a Home Base Iowa Community on May 10, 2016. The City offers additional Home Base Iowa incentives (above and beyond the County incentives) for qualifying veterans that recently moved to the City of Clinton.
Clinton County Veteran Incentives
Home Base Iowa communities offer valuable incentives for veterans who relocate to their community.
- Reimbursement of expenses up to $275 per visit to interview with a business in Clinton County.
- A one-time home purchase closing cost reimbursement of up to $1,500 for a home located in Clinton County.
- A first-year waiver of the Clinton County Business License fee for a veteran opening a business.
Home Base Iowa Statewide Veteran Incentives
The Home Base Iowa Act positions Iowa as a leader in respect, support and employment of veterans through a public-private partnership. The Iowa Legislature passed the Act in a broad bi-partisan manner and then Governor Terry E. Branstad signed it into law on Memorial Day, 2014. The Act contains the following incentives:
- Military Pensions exempt from state income tax
- $5,000 grant toward the purchase of a home
- Permissive veteran preference in employment
- Search/view Iowa businesses committed to hiring veterans
- Automatic in-state tuition at state universities and community colleges for qualified veterans and their dependents
- View the complete list state veteran benefits
- 100% disabled veterans can qualify to pay no property tax