Effective for billing dates after July 1, 2018:
- The unit costs for domestic users of the sewage works and facilities shall be $9.63 per 100 cubic feet, based on metered water usage.
- In addition, for users in the commercial customer classification, in lieu of the BOD surcharge and SS surcharge, there is a surcharge for higher strength wastewater discharged by those customers in that classification. The commercial classification surcharge is the factor times Class 1 rate with the new rate set forth in the following table. If an individual customer feels the strength of their discharge is different from the typical for that category, the appropriate class can be determined by testing representative samples of wastewater from the user. The city will coordinate the sampling for a given period at a charge to the customer.
The unit costs for the commercial classes as defined in 52.087, GENERAL MUNICIPAL USER shall be as follows:
- Class 1: $9.63 per 100 cubic feet
- Class 2: $12.522 per 100 cubic feet
- Class 3: $14.993 per 100 cubic feet
- Class 4: $16.371 per 100 cubic feet
- User surcharges are $93.16 per 100 pounds of five-day BOD in excess of the BOD load that would result from a concentration of 212 milligrams per liter in the user's wastewater.
- User surcharges are $101.67 per 100 pounds of suspended solids in excess of the suspended solids load that would result from a concentration of 210 milligrams per liter in user's wastewater.
- User surcharges are $299.389 per 100 pounds of NH3 in excess of the NH3 load that would result from a concentration of 25 milligrams per liter in user's wastewater.
- The minimum volume to be billed for each user shall be 100 cubic feet per month.
- The City Council may, by resolution, grant an exemption from the payment of sewer use charges for those owners who have the sanitary sewer available but are not connected thereto, provided good reason exists for the failure to connect.