- Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Housing Board of Appeals
Housing Board of Appeals
Building Code Adoption
The City of Clinton, Iowa has adopted the following standard codes by reference as the Clinton Building Code:
- International Building Code 2018 Edition and all appendices (published by the International Code Council, Inc.)
- International Mechanical Code 2018 Edition (published by the International Code Council, Inc.)
- National Electrical Code 2020 Edition (published by National Fire Protection Agency)
- International Residential Code 2018 Edition and all appendices (published by the International Code Council, Inc.)
- International Existing Building Code 2018 Edition (published by the International Code Council, Inc.)
- Uniform Plumbing Code 2018 Edition (published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials)
- International Energy Conservation Code 2018 Edition (published by the International Code Council, Inc.)
Said standard codes are hereby adopted in full except for such portions as may hereinafter be deleted, modified, or amended. If any conflict exists between said adopted codes, the more restrictive code requirement applies. The provisions of said codes shall be controlling in the construction of buildings and other structures and in all matters covered by such code within the corporate limits of the City of Clinton, Iowa and shall be known as the "Clinton Building Code".
The Housing Board of Appeals is established in the International Code sets.
The Board of Appeals shall consist of seven (7) members who are qualified by experience and training to pass on matters pertaining to building construction and are not employees of the jurisdiction.
|Member||Current Term Length|
Powers and Duties
The Board hears appeals pertaining to enforcement of the adopted Code sets (including Fire Code) as well as for dangerous buildings, vacant and abandoned buildings, rental and housing code, and the International Property Maintenance Code.